Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Razors

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
A simple caption would be that Zach had a great soccer season.  Got on with a talented little team of guys that tied for 1st in their division.  He was a force to be reckoned with, a scoring machine (the entire team was!).  But each Saturday morning I would sit up on that windy soccer hill, freezing in my little pop up chair and look around at the hundred or so other parents lining the fields.  And in a shivering state I'd ask myself, why in the world are we all here (so early too!?)  But oh, I look at these photographs! Concentration in that tongue, a gripped fist. Determination so evident in each muscle of his body.  From what I have gathered in my personal "mother that shuttles kids to activities all week long" experience, there is so much more than physical development going on.  

2 comments:

Janet Johnson said...

Love these pictures! We got one or two good ones of our boys playing, too, and they're so much fun to look at. Definitely more that sport-learning going on! :)

Christy said...

great action shots!

we sacrifice a lot for these little ones, but it is so worth it to see them grow in confidence. sophie is going to try soccer in the fall. we will not be freezing, but i'm hoping it's not too hot!