Monday, November 21, 2011

On a gray, winter-like morning...

Photobucket
I am cleaning up from the festivities of yesterday.
Poppy was blessed in church.
Sweet little Poppy cried through the entire thing, making her daddy quite nervous.
David gave a beautiful blessing as always.
I love all baby blessings,
but there is something especially tender about listening to a father bless his tiny girl.
Photobucket
We had a luncheon at our home after our meetings.
I received a new journal this weekend and knew pretty quickly what I wanted to use it for.
I love planning special occasions for my family,
usually jotting down long lists and ideas or sketches on paper.
I am hoping that it might be fun in years to come to flip back through this journal
and see the shopping list for a child's fourth birthday, or baptism, or graduation party.
Photobucket
Poppy's blessing is the inaugural entry in that little book.
I shared my thoughts about her blessing at the end.
But I suppose that I am also hoping somewhere down the road,
my family will read a bit deeper into the lists for
grainy Dijon and Gruyere,
and understand that those careful notes and planning are just evidence of
one way I attempted to show my love for them.
I hope they remember that we celebrated their important milestones,
that we celebrated them.

7 comments:

Tish said...



oh tara...just beautiful

dixonfamily said...

Lovely. I love the special attention you give to all the milestones and moments worth celebrating. I am sure your family will love looking back through that journal.
I have many random notebooks with such lists and sketches, but I love the idea of having them all in a beautifully bound book. You are one amazing mama!

ps. none of our children to date have been blessed at church. weird. I am hoping that is something we'll get to do sometime. :)

Janet Johnson said...

What a sweet post. And I'd never thought about making lists in a journal. Captivating idea!

meg said...

What a special day! And really, I've checked the pics and everything, your baby girl is the cutest little thing out there. I mean, it's really no surprise - the CUTEST!!

Christy said...

everything looks perfect! what a darling blessing dress. i love your idea about the journal for lists. what a fun thing to be able to look back on.

Isaura said...

I'm dying over those mini mary-jane's with tiny bows. Sounds like you had such a special day. I hear you on preparation = love. Your dinner table looks very inviting. Thank you for your kind words on a recent post. Oh and that table...27.99 on clearance at TJ Maxx a couple of years ago. When I saw it I died because it is almost an exact replica of a Jonathan Adler one that is about $600. (http://www.polyvore.com/robert_abbey_jonathan_adler_meurice/thing?id=23967515)
I only tell you all this because I'm sure it is something you would appreciate ;)

Holbrook's said...

Such a great way to put it...celebrating their milestones is celebrating them...I love it!