Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Party












Saturday we had a simple lunch with family, it was sunny and breezy.
We sang the birthday song, we opened presents, we loved on the little man.
Mr. Roman is changing so fast.
He is done nursing.
It's so bittersweet, luckily he is the cuddliest baby.
No solo walking yet, though it's right around the corner.
He is facing forward in the car and talks up a storm as he gazes out the window.
Roman waves and says "bye bye". He loves to give his brother and sister a high five.
His most favorite past time is crawling up and down the stairs. He giggles the whole time.
Last night I lay in bed thinking about my responsibility as a parent.
Sometimes it's hard not to let worries over
the right school
the right teacher
the right extracurricular activities
the right amount of college savings
overshadow more important aspects of parenting.
I want to teach them about faith and hard work and integrity.
And I want them to be filled with gratitude for days that promise carrot cake and blueberry drinks.

10 comments:

Jill Revell said...

Super cute party! I love the picture of the 3 kids.

Isaura said...

yuuuuuuuuuuuum that food looks so good. what a fun party. the best ones are the "simple" ones with family and people you love all around. such cute cousins too. i'm assuming it's a cousin, he kinda favors your little ones. :)

K2 said...

You are too cute. I love all the effort that you and David put into the simple things..like parties. I think you two are some of the best parents I know. I know you are one of the best moms I know. I look up to you for that. So glad we are still friends after all these years. Happy Birthday Roman!

Lora said...

If any parent can do all those things in the right balance it will be you.

What a great party.

I have loved watching the little guy change and grow through the blog over this past year. It makes everything seem not so far away. Happy birthday little guy!

Janet Johnson said...

You are such a good mom! And here I am worrying about how not to get so frustrated with my kids. There are definitely more important things to worry about. :)

Loved the pictures. Your kids are adorable. Even the table setting looked beautiful. I love it!

Christy said...

it looks like such a fun little party. that spread makes me hungry!

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

Cute little party! The kids are looking cute as always! Can't wait to see you!

meg said...

I think I've said this before, but I would REALLY like you to plan my next party or event! Everything looks just so. I'm glad you're so good at documenting the loveliness!

Caryn said...

Happy Birthday Roman! You are such an adorable little boy. Tara, you throw such great parties!! You are really putting me to shame -- honestly, I think I'll have to make some changes in our house.

Missy said...

I would expect nothing less. this looks incredible!! you are amazing Tara. I so love your blog and your mindset toward life.