Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Merry Christmas


It really was the merriest of days.
This year we awoke in our own home, which was so delightfully fun.
David remembered with a start that he had forgotten to move our elf Essa.
He tried to sneak downstairs without waking the kids.
But as he passed their room Lily sat straight up and in a groggy voice,
and pointing her finger toward her dad said,
"You tell me if Santa left presents down there!"
And then they were both awake.
Hopping up and down at the top of the stairs.
As they got to the bottom and saw the tree,
we heard Zach say in his adorable 4-year old voice,
"Well, I guess we weren't on the naughty list!"
What a glorious time of year.
I was so happy to fulfill their simple and sweet Christmas wishes
(hotwheels and a watch that glows!)
I love my husband and my three precious children. They are my joy.
They are the best kind of Christmas gift.

10 comments:

Nicole said...

we have an elf, his name is yart... don't ask! :) merry christmas, your family photo is beautiful!

Alicia said...

Love your Christmas photo!

Jill Revell said...

such a cute family picture! merry Christmas!

Lora said...

What a great picture! You all look fantastic! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas!
XO

Christy said...

how fun! i love lily ordering her dad to return and report. it sounds like a great christmas!

Nicole said...

Lovely!!!

Rapp Family said...

LOVE the family pictures. Especially the one of Zac and Lilly--how perfect!! Sorry you were so sick before Christmas, but it sounds like everyone was back to health for the big day. Happy New Year's!!

Barbara said...

Cute family pict:) I love that lily is hugging daves leg-so sweet:)

PAINTER said...

I love xmas too. Tara u make everything so wonderful and special. I dont know what I would do without you. Its 11:30 and you are starting to twitch... lol I love it. Its so cute. I know you said today that you felt like you didn't acomplish much around the house, but you are an amazing mother and wife. Its the loving and rasing of our children that matters and you are unmatched at that. I love you.

Isaura said...

aww love it! your little gal is your mini me :) i need to have us take agood family picture for next christmas. i just don't like pictures of me though...grr.
love your boots by the way!