Tuesday, March 13, 2012

in my mind, all these things are connected...

Photobucket
There is one morning each year when I wake up and hear birds chirping outside my bedroom window again. It's always in March. And each year, I'm at once shocked by it, and totally excited about it. For me, it's the first reeeeeal sign of spring.
It happened a few days ago!
*****
I've been saving these minty green bowls.
I got them back in December, but like all new things I buy
...I like to stare at them for a little while before I start using them.
It's a trait that I'm honestly not sure what to make of.
Makes me happy?
(it drives Dave crazy...he's like...
"why haven't you worn your SHOOOOOES?
I thought you loved them, you bought them 3 weeks ago!"
I don't have a good answer for why I do that.
All I know is that we are finally USING the bowls.
*****
My bitty baby is a rolly rolly polly.
She goes every-which-way and has the kids cracking up as she rolls around the floor.
Their favorite is when she does the double roll.
She rolls so fast that she will roll over twice and scare herself.
She's up on her hands and knees now, and instead of crawling
(i give her two weeks tops)
she does this little bunny hop.
They all think that is hilarious too.
*****
Our video camera was full, so tonight the videos were loaded onto the computer.
I took a walk down memory lane, and watched clips from the last two years.
It goes by so fast.
So fast.
The whole time I was wrestling two feelings:
1- wishing I could just go back in time and squeeze their little chubby cheeks and kiss them until they squirmed away!
AND
2-knowing that right now is pretty awesome too, and by golly they are getting cuter and smarter every day.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Tish said...

She's so darn cute! Love the picture of her holding her feet. I die!

Bailey Family said...

Is that really possible? She is not that old...but she has some great role models and examples around her!

(I also like to save new things...keep them in their packages and admire them for a bit...that is why we are friends.)

Christy said...

cute bowls!

oliver has just recently really figured rolling out. such a fun stage. i think it's cool we keep doing this baby thing at the same time. :) very cute pictures of your rolly polly baby!

Jill Revell said...

she is just precious!

i laughed that you stare at your new items...im the kind that is wearing my new shoes out of the store. lol!