A few things that I believe could change at any moment, but so perfectly describe her today:
1. she does not want to get her ears pierced (it hurts) so she has already arranged with Grammie to inherit all of her clip earrings.
2. she's never getting married...she wants to live with David and I forever. we've had at least three conversations where she's made this clear.
3. she won't pick out her clothes. wants me to choose an outfit for her each day.
And a few things I hope will never ever change:
1. looooooves her sisters. is incredibly gentle, kind and endlessly patient with them.
2. a spunky and feisty little girl. she has passion and drive and this energy that comes from within. it's so infectious and admirable.
3. Nature lover. woodland wanderer, friend to all animals and insects. always first to pick up the worm, catch the frog or create elaborate habitats for lady bugs, caterpillars, grasshoppers....and on and on.
I love you Lily. You are wonderful. I cherish the moments we get to spend together, out for errands, reading together, running to and from gymnastics, or snuggling in your bed after a long day. It's a constant prayer and priority that I get this mother-daughter relationship right. Happiest of 7th birthdays. xoxo.