Monday, February 25, 2013

Baptism


This is surreal. 
It went through my mind each time I did something in preparation for Zachary's Baptism day.
Ordering his first quad-set with name lovingly engraved...
Emailing the program details...
Writing a little talk about the Gift of the Holy Ghost...
Shopping for a snazzy new church outfit (for him)...
The significance of the day was not lost on me.
It was simple and meaningful.
And most importantly, his choice.
(what I love most about being baptized at the age of 8)
While singing the opening hymn Baptism (again, his choice)
the most sweet spirit filled my heart.
There are few life experiences that actually, truly reach the designation of joyful, 
but this, 
this was one of them.

6 comments:

Bailey Family said...

I totally agree. At Zach's baptism the sweetest Spirit was present and I was grateful that I got to be a part of it. I remember so clearly sitting on your couch, holding him as a baby...now he is eight. Wow.

Erin S said...

What a handsome boy. And Dave's post below....what a sweet guy. :)

Jill Revell said...

awe! what a special day!

Lora said...

He is such a great kid! What a special day for you as a mother and for your whole family!

What a great decision Zach! Your life will never be the same again! Congratulations

Christy said...

so special. what a great day!

Tiffany said...

Congrats Zach!!!!! He is such a sweet boy and so awesome in Primary. He is always reverent and eager to help and always knows the answer. :) And what a big milestone for you!