Wednesday, April 4, 2012

hunting eggs round one : annual neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Lately, in solitary minutes, I've been conjuring up my embarrassing moments.
It's a fun game because, they are plentiful.
On one occasion, I was spared the public portion of humiliation.
As a senior in college I entered my final observation review with a professor.
I knew she loved me, this would be easy, and full of accolades.
As I sat across the table, she smiled warmly and declared,
"Tara, you have the Gift of Gab!"
I smiled back, knowing by the way she announced it, that it must be good.
And seeing as how an education at BYU had always encouraged my spiritual development alongside the secular,
I vividly remember thinking (with just a touch of smugness),
"Ummmm, I'm going to have to look that one up, must be some Old Testament prophet I've never heard of. Gab."

5 comments:

Bailey Family said...

No you didn't!

That made me smile.

I love how summery your children were dressed for the egg hunt. Crazy weather. I hope that it is nice this weekend.

Unknown said...

ahhhhhhh, can't wait for our hunt this sunday now.

Jill Revell said...

your Easter baskets are so dang cute! can you teach me to be more creative?

Shannon said...

kids are growing too fast. still havent met miss poppy yet. miss you guys!

Missy said...

Believe it or not I have thought about this since I read it a few days ago. The Gift of Gab! It made me smile. I miss you Tara. Wish there was some way we could be taken to the South and live near you.