Thursday, April 26, 2012

April

Photobucket 
April has been good.  So good in fact, that I wake up and then it seems that only minutes pass before it's dark again and I'm getting into bed wondering how in the world a full day has passed.
The Kansas City Temple Open House has been spectacular. It has been so wonderful to share it with my friends and family.  This temple is such a tremendous blessing.  (Saturday is the last day for the open house, if you haven't gone and want to, let's go together!!)
Photobucket 
My parents took the opportunity to celebrate their love, marriage and family.  They planned a special evening.  Everyone was in town.  We enjoyed dinner, poems they wrote to each other, and a beautiful slideshow that chronicled our family from it's very beginning (my parents love!)  This night will live in my memory for a long long time.  It goes down as one of the best memories that my parents have purposefully created for us.  (the other is probably the time they staged a food fight for our family!!).  After a series of incredibly difficult years, this night was nothing short of healing.  I hugged my siblings afterwards, and I'm quite certain that I am still feeling those hugs today.  I've always felt an intense bond and love for my family, despite our imperfections.  That love has deepened even further.
Photobucket
Then there is this little lady.  Looking at this picture makes me want to run up and grab her out of her crib and kiss her perfect cheeks.  She is a wild and precious baby.  She is so happy and so good.  Crawling?  Why yes...everywhere.  Just the other day she made her way over to a basket full of laundry.  She grabbed the top of the rim and popped herself up like it was no big deal.  Standing. What? There is no slowing her down.  And trust me, I want to.
Photobucket
Today.
Take your child to work day.
The most memorable thing for me was listening to all of Zachary's questions leading up to this very exciting day.  All of his concerns revolved around how/what/when he was going to be getting his meals.
"Will we get donuts again like last year?"
"Do you think we will get to eat lunch at a restaurant?"
"So, will I be home for dinner or will we still be working?"
I love that kid.

And finally,
this last bit honestly deserves it's very own post.
We are buying a house of our very own.
We close on May 23rd.
I can hardly sleep at night, 
I am filled with enormous gratitude and excitement.

12 comments:

A said...

You have had a busy month! I know how you feel about wanting to slow that baby down. I am in the same boat although mine isn't crawling or pulling up yet. She just rolls and reaches and eats cheerios!?! And big congratulations on buying a house! i am definitely jealous. We are currently searching for one but haven't found it yet. Maybe when you are done decorating yours we will have one and you can come decorate mine! You have such talent!

Whit said...

A house! Where is your house at? I am so happy for your family and know that you deserve every good thing that comes your way!

Brandon and Natalie said...

WAHOOOOOO!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I wish our dang house would close! I love take your kid to work day, maybe Brandon should take Andy :)

Tish said...

Whoever the architect is for the temples is amazing. There's always this beautiful common thread in the structures. The one in LA on Santa Monica Blvd is magical looking :)

I want to eat your child's cheeks. Creepy I know...but I can't help myself.

dixonfamily said...

My parents went to the open house and said it was such a lovely temple. We'll have to make our way over there sometime. We are living in O'Fallon IL, which is only about 30 minutes from St. Louis. I guess that means we are only about four hours away from you guys!!
How did Poppy grow up so fast?! She has such an expressive face. So lovely and happy!
I am thrilled for you guys to buy your own home. Only one more month. I can't wait to see what you do with it-you are super talented!

Lora said...

I loved every bit of this post! Your parents sound wonderful!
A HOUSE!! EEKKK what exciting great news! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures! Congrats to you and your beautiful family!

xo

Lou Lou said...

Hip Hip HOORAY!!! Congrats to your wonderful parents (I just love them) and to you and Dave!! I'm so happy to hear the news about the house!! I can't wait to hear all the details!

Isaura said...

So many blessings! Congratulations on your almost house. That is so exciting! I'm sure you will make it a beautiful home.

Jill Revell said...

that is an amazing picture of the temple! so beautiful!

can't believe your baby is already on the move! time needs to slow down!

congrats on the house! i can't wait to see pictures!

kat and jason said...

You're getting a house?!! The house you told me about? Aaaaaah so excited for you!!! We have to talk

Shannon said...

yay a house! finally huh? whew. so happy for you all. hope to see you Saturday and meet miss poppy!

Christy said...

oh, your little poppy is so adorable! oliver is wanting to crawl so badly and i fear he is only days away from it. these babies grow up so fast-- it seems to go faster each time around!