Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Time...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
It's been a year since I took these photographs (link to old photos).
So it was time, it seems, for an update.

Tonight, I just want to share a small sentiment that has been marinating in my mind all day. It's a mash-up of two different experiences. Today I thought about how much better I am feeling, (and how long I was sick) and began to make a list of all the things I've been wanting to tackle, that have been on hold for a week +. And then this afternoon I prepared food for dear friends who are in the process of saying goodbye to their father.

It's not that the two are related, because one is supremely more significant than the other, but it was the combination of processes that impressed my soul.

Tonight I am full of gratitude for my blessings.
for eternal marriage
for my beautiful babies
for each and every day i have on this earth
...to learn, to grow, to serve.

I hope to fill the frames with those sweet faces for many many years to come.
But I also understand that there are no guarantees.
Life is beautiful, and sometimes I'm reminded, fragile.

It's a spectacular thing to remember.
Because it elevates each simple and small moment.
Life.
moment.

10 comments:

Christy said...

i can't wait to see this year's photos.

it's true what you say about nothing being guaranteed. With my niece being sick, we've become aware of other families and some of the things that they are going through. one story that really touched my heart is a young couple who, when there little boy was two, the dad passed away from a brain tumor. now the boy is four and has leukemia. it seems wrong that that mother should have to endure this load, but then i remember the early saints and all they had to sacrifice, and i remember that Heavenly Father is serious about trying us in this life. these stories do make me sad, but i believe they also help me treasure the moments and the days i have with those i love.

Christy said...

HA! i'm an idiot. i thought roman looked a little old for a year ago... :)

Jill Revell said...

oh my goodness! your kids are growing up and so stinking cute! lily is a doll and you can tell the boys are little studs!

i love the thought with the post. such a great reminder to be grateful.

Caryn said...

They are beautiful! Life is beautiful! Thank you Tara!

Nicole said...

Love seeing the change in your kiddos! They are such a great blessing!

Bailey Family said...

Life is beautiful. Family is so important. We have spent a week with Ben's siblings, mom and extended family. We have laughed and cried together. I am grateful for the Bailey's example of being there for each other.

Thanks for the meal...we really appreciated it.

Lora said...

So very true! A great reminder.

Your children have happy countenances, maybe that seems strange for me to say but there is just something about their little faces that just shout happiness all the way through! You are one lucky mama!

SDLollypoppers said...

Your children are so beautiful! Your little girl looks exactly like you! :) So precious are these moments when they're young. Capture as much as you can! Love your photography!

Holbrook's said...

Your thoughts inspire me to higher thoughts myself...thanks for your posts!!

Isaura said...

awww your babies are beautiful. you are blessed. your little gal looks just like you. motherhood is a beautiful thing.