Friday, September 14, 2007

Split Personality

Today I woke up and... I miss Missouri - my family, my old house, my friends, heck, I even miss my old church calling (never thought I would say that)! and I miss teaching my piano girls...I miss going to my bros and sis bball games and sunday dinners at my parents house. I really miss the tornados (if you know me you know I am serious!).

...the funny thing is with all this sad emotion...the other half of me is SO HAPPY! Why?

Well, in a few short hours I am boarding a plane with my dear friend (AMY!!) I will have NO DIAPERS in my purse (which is a first in 2 1/2 years) and I think I will even bring a magazine with me to read! hahah! (can't do that when flying with two children)

you see, amy won a radio contest (it helps when you know the dj) we are flying to san diego to see rascal flatts tonight...then we are going to sleep in our lovely hotel and play ALL DAY tomorrow, returning after much shopping and sun on Sunday (did I mention this was free!) SWEET!

a big thanks to my sweet, sweet husband who is making all this possible with excellent childcare! hehe! (good luck honey!) I love you!

4 comments:

Court and Britt said...

Tara- how fun!! Have a great time and tell us all about it!! (we miss you living in Missouri too :)

Tiff and Dave said...

Tara that sounds like a lot of fun! I know what you mean about missing Missouri. I missed it a lot more than I thought I would. You have more reason though because of family! Do you think you guys were ever go back?

Have fun at Rascal Flatts...they put on a great concert!

Rapp Family said...

I'm so jealous! Enjoy because you defintely deserve it. We miss you more than you know. Jonah asked to go to Zach's house the other day. Sad =(

Greg said...

Tara, Im so glad you got to get away. The pictures look so much fun.

Love Dad