Friday, November 16, 2007

The Seven Year Plan

Kevin (blue tie) and roommates


My brother served a mission in Milan, Italy. When he got back this August, we all started in, asking him about girls, and baseball, college degree ideas and when he thought he would get married! (HA! no pressure) He told us about his "seven year plan" which to sum it all up, meant he WASN'T getting married for AT LEAST 7 years. Ok...fine. But then today I got these pics from a "date" he and his roomies had the other night. Basically they decked out their apartment (even an Italian flag made of balloons on the ceiling) and made an AMAZING dinner. They all dressed up and the girls did the same. He told me that he cooked a 5 course meal (dessert: homemade tiramisu). This from a guy whose favorite restaurant BEFORE the mission was The Golden Corral (no kidding). Seriously, I am DYING (who stole my brother, and who is this new guy that is into nice food, nice clothing and DATING?) And honestly, on the table I am seeing tomatoes topped with tasty hunks of mozzarella, prosciutto, Perrier water, nice oils and artfully stacked bread. WHAT? I LOVE IT! But I have to tell you Kevin, (roommates included)... you keep this up and you will NOT last 7 years at BYU....money on that!
***
***
2 emails and 2 phone calls (from family) reminding me I haven't posted pics of the babes in "a while!" Here they are, discovering pine cones! I miss my family, I am glad they miss me too! (or at least my kiddos)

8 comments:

Greg said...

Tara this is great, your mom and I can't believe it either.

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

What a cute group of guys.Putting forth ANY kind of effort at BYU won't keep you single for 7 years let alone 7 months that's for sure, didn't he get the memo?

Bailey Family said...

Tell your brother to keep it up and to do cute things like this even after his is married!
Can he make me an Italian, 5 course meal?? YUM.

Love ya!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

WOW. Where did those boys get all those matching dinnerware and utensils? If you tell me its theirs I will die... That is so awesome, I am really impressed! Good luck to him with that 7 year plan...not a chance!!

thepainterfamily said...

ha! Jackie, this is the funny part...one of the roomies DROVE to SLC to borrow his Grandmas dishes! Even better! heeh!

Court and Britt said...

what cute boys!! my husband has STILL never done anything like that for me. It won't be long until someone snatches them up!!

Tiffany said...

Cute little tykes!!! :) You are the cutest family ever. :)

kat and jason said...

hey what's up.. i would like to go on that date (back in the day--and well let's be honest, now too.) i had the hair lady just chop the back of my hair off--so now it's about chin length in back--and longer in the front. it's cool. you are too funny.