Thursday, September 26, 2013
I'm feeling so grateful for the time we get to spend together. Roman gets to be the big brother all day long :) He is loving his "preschool" learning we do together. He even insisted on storing his folders and papers in his own backpack that he hangs on the same hooks Zach and Lily use. Love this guy. I've said it before, but he is just a cool, relaxed, go-with-the-flow kinda fella. Everyone needs a Roman in their life!
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Poppy is two!!!
She was loved and treated right all day long.
We woke Poppy up with a loud chorus of Happy Birthday, (the kids were so excited to surprise her).
She was all sleepy smiles as we took her downstairs for her special birthday sprinkle donut.
She had a lunch out at chik-fil-a (playplace being the most important criteria),
and then we stopped by the party store to get her a balloon.
Poppy could not be parted from her balloon for at least a day.
(I did finally convince her to leave it on the nightstand while sleeping though)
Oh that sweet little bug.
We had a family party a few days later with cupcakes and singing and presents.
What I love most about Poppy at two,
is that she will give you a run for your money if you are the one in charge of keeping an eye on her.
(you better have both eyes on her)
she is talking so much now, and it is obviously apparent that she is brimming with sweetness and love.
But underneath all that fire is a heart of solid gold.
I love my Poppy.
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
A few things that I believe could change at any moment, but so perfectly describe her today:
1. she does not want to get her ears pierced (it hurts) so she has already arranged with Grammie to inherit all of her clip earrings.
2. she's never getting married...she wants to live with David and I forever. we've had at least three conversations where she's made this clear.
3. she won't pick out her clothes. wants me to choose an outfit for her each day.
And a few things I hope will never ever change:
1. looooooves her sisters. is incredibly gentle, kind and endlessly patient with them.
2. a spunky and feisty little girl. she has passion and drive and this energy that comes from within. it's so infectious and admirable.
3. Nature lover. woodland wanderer, friend to all animals and insects. always first to pick up the worm, catch the frog or create elaborate habitats for lady bugs, caterpillars, grasshoppers....and on and on.
I love you Lily. You are wonderful. I cherish the moments we get to spend together, out for errands, reading together, running to and from gymnastics, or snuggling in your bed after a long day. It's a constant prayer and priority that I get this mother-daughter relationship right. Happiest of 7th birthdays. xoxo.